A blog about miscarriage, pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period that talks about everything no one talks about. Input WELCOME, email me at Swedishskier@gmail.com with suggestions, additions, or guest post submissions.

Friday, April 3, 2015

You will picture terrible things

When my first child was a baby, I suddenly and often had vivid imaginings of terrible things happening to him. I had trouble watching my husband carry him downstairs, but it wasn't just obvious things like this. If this has never happened to you, you may think I sound paranoid or even delusional but it turns out to be quite normal to have fairly detailed near-hallucinations of death when you're a new parent.

I no longer do this quite so much now that he's 4. So that ends and that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment